Los Angeles offers no restrict of issues to do, some superior and a few not so superior. Since time is valuable in this quick paced metropolis we curate an inventory of issues to do in Los Angeles for each weekend that’ll allow you to determine the way you need to spend your restricted provide of consideration (not to point out dollars!).
This weekend, from Friday, November 9 to Sunday, November 11, options Art at The Rendon, Inglewood Open Studios, Los Angeles Coffee Festival, Camp Flog Gnaw, Vegan Sweets Con, Veterans Day Music Festival and MUCH extra.
Remember you possibly can all the time go to our L.A. occasions calendar web page to get an up to date rundown of what’s occurring across the metropolis. Hope you discover the rundown helpful and, as all the time, take pleasure in your weekend!
Keep in thoughts that whereas we retain full editorial management of our content material, for a number of the ticketing choices offered we make the most of affiliate hyperlinks and obtain a fee if you are going to buy by means of our hyperlinks.
Friday November ninth, 2018
1. Art at The Rendon (Nov. 9 -11) is an immersive operatic occasion that utterly reinvents the inside of the Rendon Hotel by means of movie projections, actors and a speakeasy from the 1920’s with a wealth of various beers and concoctions from native breweries and distilleries. Live performances from acts like The Vignes Rooftop Revival and extra will happen all through the weekend.
2. The 11th annual Inglewood Open Studios ( Nov. 10-11) spotlight the skilled artist studios and artwork galleries that represent the burgeoning Inglewood artwork group. The weekend kicks off with a reception held at Residency Gallery at 5 p.m. on Friday. FREE
three. Los Angeles Coffee Festival (Nov. 9-11) may have you tasting a whole lot of various coffees by means of absolutely immersive sensory bars, mixologists and particular person roasters.
four. The annual AFI FEST (Nov. Eight-15) returns to Hollywood for 2018 with an eight-day run that includes tons of movie screenings, world premieres, and panels.
5. Craftsman Weekend returns to the town of Pasadena November 9-11 with strolling and bus excursions of historic neighborhoods, buildings, a market place and extra.
6. Actors, singers and dancers will take the stage of the Walt Disney Concert Hall for Shakespeare’s The Tempest (Nov Eight-9.) Susanna Mälkki will conduct the LA Phil for the night as a part of the orchestra’s centennial season. DISCOUNTED (by way of Goldstar)
7. The Mayan Heart Festival brings a little bit of Guatemala to LA for an evening of music, ceremonial dance, and distributors all through the course of the night time.
Eight. Learn to prepare dinner an Indian Holiday Feast with Chef Nishi Lal at BLVD Kitchen. A multi-course meal shall be ready proper earlier than your eyes and also you’ll additionally get to eat it on the finish.
9. The Pasadena Arts & Craft Show (Nov. 9 – 11) at The Hilton Pasadena is an artisan market place providing all kinds of handcrafted items from over 200 exhibitors together with fascinating meals, uncommon wines and different edible presents.
10. Wicked Lit takes you thru two brief performs unfolding contained in the Mountain View Mausoleum. The exhibits are extraordinarily intimate and just like the title of the present, the story line is on the darker aspect. Check for discounted tickets earlier than making your buy. DISCOUNTED (by way of Goldstar)
11. L.A.’s pop-up museum catalogue is rising bigger this fall with The Pizza Experience – a multi-sensory pizza themed walkthrough. Explore big installations, an outsized cheese pool, a pizza corridor of fame, pizza theme-flavored snacks all through, precise pizza slices and extra. The Pizza Experience runs by way of January 7. Check for discounted tickets earlier than making your buy. DISCOUNTED (by way of Goldstar)
12. Rooftop Cinema Club returns to the rooftops of LEVEL in DTLA and NeueHouse in Hollywood with a number of screenings this week that embrace Ghostbusters, Notting Hill and extra.
13. Stop by the Alexandria Hotel in DTLA and stroll into The Wolves, Los Angeles’ most fascinating cocktail bar to date. The ever-changing menu has an entire host of elements made in-house together with bitters and vermouths.
Saturday November 10th, 2018
14. Experience Camp Flog Gnaw when it takes over Dodger Stadium (Nov. 10-11) Originated by Tyler, The Creator in 2012, Camp Flog Gnaw is considered one of Los Angeles’ premiere music and humanities festivals, that includes carnival rides, video games, and music throughout a number of levels over two days. Performers this yr embrace SZA, A$AP Rocky, Post Malone, and extra.
15. Head down to Boomtown Brewery for Fitbit HIIT and Flow, a free month-to-month exercise led by a Los Angeles health professional. The occasion will start with a devoted bodily sweat session, and will probably be adopted by yoga and meditation. Having a Fitbit shouldn’t be required to attend. FREE
16. Cloak and Dagger, placed on by Spaceland and Restless Nites, provides a minimal synth, darkish wave, publish punk dance social gathering. This iteration’s lineup consists of HEALTH, Black Mare, Death Bells, Body of Light, TR/ST, The Faint, She Wants Revenge, Drab Majesty, CHRISTIAN DEATH OFFICIAL, Boy Harsher, Tamaryn, BOAN, and SRSQ.
17. American Indian Arts Marketplace at The Autry Museum (November 10-11) will spotlight over 200 Native American artists, reside musical performances and performs, meals, youngsters’s actions, and rather more.
18. The 100% Festival brings a two-day celebration of creatives and native makers to the Otis College of Art and Design this Saturday and Sunday. The occasion will function artistic workshops, particular audio system, a makers market, music, interactive installations, meals vans and extra. Free to attend! FREE
19. Enjoy an artwork exhibition centered round Día De Los Muertos that features artwork, reside physique and cranium portray, work from visible arts, tarot card readings, purchasing, conventional Mexican performances from Grupo Folklorico Revolucion and extra. This occasion is free to attend with an RSVP till Nov. 10.
20. On Deck Festival at Lincoln Park is a free, all-day pageant for music, artwork, and skating with stay performances and DJ units, work from native artists, and a skateboard contest. FREE
21. Bird Fest returns to the Santa Monica Mountains with guided chook walks, youngsters actions, cubicles, meals, and shows from native fowl specialists. FREE
22. The Gonzoplex Block Party will rejoice the opening of Superba Snacks + Coffee with a block social gathering that includes a beer backyard, pizza consuming contest, and youngsters’s actions. FREE
23. Enjoy an immersive homicide thriller get together with excessive tea takes place at Pasadena’s Madeline Garden this Saturday and Sunday. DISCOUNTED (by way of Goldstar)
24. The 12th Annual Druid Underground Film Festival is a curated night time of highlighting unbiased horror movie filmmakers with a comedic edge. Happening at HM157 in Lincoln Heights, anticipate an eclectic mixture of artistic brief movies together with animation, documentary, experimental and past.
25. The Los Angeles Arboretum and Botanic Garden presents Moonlight Forest, the place crafted lanterns line the backyard grounds, some depicting animals, shimmering unique flowers, and figures from Chinese legends. Happening Wednesdays via Sunday until November. Check for discounted tickets earlier than making your buy. DISCOUNTED (by way of Goldstar)
26. Picture This!, L.A.’s solely stay animated comedy present, is again with one other free present at The Virgil in East Hollywood. During this present, see standup comics carry out as gifted animators, cartoonists and artists draw them reside. FREE
27. Notorious RBG explores the life and profession of Ruth Bader Ginsburg by way of a set of up to date artwork, archives, interactives, archival pictures and extra. Each gallery part will allude to a track by the Notorious B.I.G. because the identify of the exhibit suggests, and can playfully deliver out the similarities between the 2. Happening on the Skirball Cultural Center. The exhibit runs till March 10.
28. Free museum days: Free Family Day at Japanese American National Museum (11 a.m. to four p.m.)
Sunday November 11th, 2018
29. Honor our nation’s veterans on the 100th anniversary of the top of World War I with a celebration on the third annual Veterans Day Music Festival occurring at The Battleship IOWA Museum.
30. Head down to the Renaissance Long Beach Hotel for Vegan Sweets Con a conference that includes vegan pleasant treats, a Vegan Cookie Bake Off, samples, and a youngsters zone. Check for discounted tickets earlier than making your buy. DISCOUNTED (by way of Goldstar)
31. The Wallis turns 5 this Sunday with free and household pleasant occasions on the Promenade Terrace. Story Pirates will carry out an outside musical sketch comedy, Debbie Allen and Lyrik Cruz will lead salsa classes and Stevens Puppets will current a efficiency of Beauty and The Beast. No tickets are required. FREE
32. The Fernet-Branca 2018 Pop-Up Bar Expo occurring at Exchange LA will enable you to uncover the world of Fernet-Branca by means of meals, artwork, interactive experiences, and cocktails.
33. Take a glance into famend architect Sou Fujimoto’s work on the Japan House’s new exhibit “Futures of the Future.” The showcase will discover the award profitable concepts and themes used all through Fujimoto’s profession. Over 100 stay scale replicas will probably be current. The exhibit will run from Oct. 27 – Dec. 12. FREE
34. Enjoy a 100% vegan pleasant market happening each Sunday in North Hollywood. All kinds of distributors and meals vans shall be available a every week distributors will range. Admission is free.
35. There’s a Stoned Yoga and Sound Bath occasion introduced by The Mystic Rebel and V(EYE)BES this Sunday. Folks will take pleasure in a 60 minute yoga session, DJ set, samples of CBD and THC infused gadgets and their representatives.
36. Free museum days: Museum of Latin American Art and Craft and Folk Art Museum (pay what you’ll be able to)
37. As a part of Veterans Day, all National Park Service websites that often cost an entrance charge will supply free admission to guests.
Food Pick for the Week
This week’s decide by Christina Champlin, Co-Founder of We Like L.A.
It’s RAW WINE Week and Silver Lake’s female-driven wine store, Vinovore, will have fun the pure wine motion and spotlight some gifted women in the wine business with a particular flight tasting this Saturday, November 10th from 5 to Eight p.m. Coly Den Haan, sommelier and proprietor of Vinovore will welcome California’s Megan Bell of Margins Wines and Emily Towe of JBrix Wines, in addition to Stephanie Tscheppe of Austria’s Gut Oggau as they pour some new releases. This occasion is open to the general public and ticket can be found on-line and on the door for $15 every.
Vinovore is situated at 616 N Hoover St, Los Angeles, CA 90004
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox each week? Sign up for our e mail program.
Have an upcoming occasion you’d like recommend for itemizing? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertisements[fbcomments width=”100%” rely=”on” num=”5″ countmsg=”comments”]