Los Angeles offers no restrict of issues to do, some superior and a few not so superior. Since time is valuable in this quick paced metropolis we curate an inventory of issues to do in Los Angeles for each weekend that’ll show you how to determine the way you need to spend your restricted provide of consideration (not to point out dollars!).
This weekend, from Friday, January 11 to Sunday, January 13, options dineL.A. Restaurant Week, Burgers & Brewfest, Cool Camellia Celebration at Descanso Gardens, No Pants Metro Ride, a Mobile Museum Fair, East LA Art Walk and MUCH extra.
Remember you possibly can all the time go to our L.A. occasions calendar web page to get an up to date rundown of what’s occurring across the metropolis.
Hope you discover the rundown helpful and, as all the time, take pleasure in your weekend!
Keep in thoughts that whereas we retain full editorial management of our content material, for a few of the ticketing choices offered we make the most of affiliate hyperlinks and obtain a fee if you are going to buy by means of our hyperlinks.
Friday January 11th, 2019
1. Celebrate the Queen of Tejano music, Selena at The Wiltern this Friday. Enjoy a screening of the movie, a Selena tribute live performance, distributors, photograph ops and tacos. Check for discounted tickets by way of Goldstar whereas provides final.
2. dineL.A. returns Jan. 11-25 for 2 weeks of unique lunch and dinner menus at a laundry listing of the town’s best eateries.
three. National Hot Toddy Day is that this Friday and chef pushed ice cream store Humphry Slocombe will probably be providing complimentary Hot Toddy Sundaes from 6-10 p.m. at their Venice location. The sundae options The Glenlivet a taste produced from the famend Scotch whiskey model. It’s additionally drizzled with clove caramel and topped with candied lemon. Artisan cocktails from The Glenlivet will even be provided on Friday.
four. Santa Monica Restaurant Week returns January 7 to 13 with over 30 of the world’s greatest eating places creating a singular dish with one unifying star ingredient, the persimmon.
5. Aquarium of the Pacific will host a household in a single day the place you’ll be able to discover reveals, contact marine animals, take pleasure in a pizza dinner, snacks and breakfast.
6. Highland Park’s neighborhood pub, The Greyhound Bar & Grill celebrates their fifth anniversary this Friday by providing every visitor a free order of 5 signature Greyhound Wings (veggie wings additionally obtainable) served together with your selection of 19 house-made sauces.
7. The Groundlings Mix Tape is a “best of” present with a restricted run of only-seen-once-before sketches. Brought again to life by director Deanna Oliver and her forged of Groundlings and Alumni. DISCOUNTED (by way of Goldstar)
eight. eighth Annual Pasadena Cheeseburger Week returns with over 40 eating places and bars providing particular cheeseburger gadgets from January 6-11.
9. Join Descanso Gardens for a particular Camellia Wine Dinner in honor of the long-lasting winter flower in bloom. The six-course menu might be curated by Executive Chef Philip Mack and consists of kabocha squash with burnt onion, Chinese sausage, edible ferns, and a 36-Hour Imperial Wagyu beef brisket. The dinner value $100 per individual and reservations required.
10. Greenbar Distillery will open up their facility for a tour of their natural distillery. The tour permits visitors to study concerning the means of spirit making and style a few of Greenbar Distillery’s portfolio. Happening each Friday by way of Sunday of this month.
11. Beautycon is providing a pop up expertise titled Beautycon POP occurring Friday by means of Sunday that includes immersive galleries, make-up manufacturers, distributors, a salon and different magnificence associated actions.
Saturday January 12th, 2019
12. Spend a day with burgers, beer and world-class Thoroughbred racing at Los Angeles landmark, Santa Anita Park throughout Burgers & Brewfest on Saturday. Check for discounted tickets earlier than making your buy. DISCOUNTED (by way of Goldstar)
13. The Cool Camellia Celebration returns to Descanso Gardens on January 12 – 13 for a celebration of the long-lasting camellia assortment throughout its peak blooming season.
14. Wine loving Angelenos will collect for a wine tasting targeted on one varietal, Grenache. Happening at La Brea Bakery Cafe, The Grenache Wars may have friends having fun with an array of wines, appetizers, stay music and in the top a gaggle vote of the perfect Grenache purveyor of the night.
15. Head over to the Regent in DTLA for The Rock and Roll Flea Market. Every month, the flea market options 50 distributors providing classic and handmade crafts, together with clothes, jewellery, memorabilia, devices and extra. The area may also supply two full bars, a brunch menu, DJ’s all day, and “boozy bingo,” with prizes like tickets to live shows at The Regent. Admission to the flea market is free.
16. Don’t Tell Comedy pops up in Culver City this Saturday for a comedy present with secret performers in a secret location. Location might be emailed to ticket holders and it’s BYOB.
17. Every second Saturday of the month Paseo Playdates placed on free themed leisure for teenagers. This month its instrument exploration with a live performance by School of Rock! FREE
18. The Altadena Library District presents 1000 Books Before Kindergarten! An early literacy initiative to encourage households to learn extra. A petting zoo, face portray, donut truck in addition to representatives from metropolis and county early childhood businesses can be in attendance. FREE
19. Greater L.A. Vintage Postcard and Paper Show may have 30 sellers displaying casing postcards, paper collectibles, photographs, and ephemera of yesteryear all on the market.
20. The people behind the Museum of Failure presents The Disgusting Food Museum (Dec. 9, 2018 by means of Feb. 17, 2019.) Some of the ‘delicacies’ embrace maggot infested cheese, bull testicles, and sheep eyeballs. If you’re courageous sufficient, guests will even get to odor and style a few of the creations on the finish of the exhibit over at a tasting bar. Check for discounted tickets earlier than making your buy. DISCOUNTED (by way of Goldstar)
21. The Bai Holiday Ice Rink returns to Pershing Square from Nov. 15, 2018 to Jan. 21, 2019 every day that includes a 7200 sq. foot outside ice-skating expertise. All kinds of occasions will happen all through the period of the rink.
Sunday January 13th, 2019
22. Enjoy driving the Metro — pants free — with an enormous group of like-minded Angelenos this Sunday, when the 11th Annual No Pants Metro Ride returns.
23. The month-to-month East LA Art Walk returns this month to spotlight unbiased artists, muralists, crafters and native companies from the Eastside and its surrounding neighborhoods. This occasion is placed on by the East LA Business Association of the first St hall and is designed to be household pleasant.
24. Yoga at Angel City Brewery welcomes all ranges of expertise with a donation of $15-20 that features a free drink on the finish.
25. Head to Central Library for the first-ever Mobile Museum Fair. As a part of the 21 Collections: Every Object Has a Story exhibit, the truthful highlights over 15 libraries from the higher Los Angeles space via moveable reveals. FREE
26. Notorious RBG in Song is a live performance saluting the life and work of Ruth Bader Ginsburg and her twenty-five years on the United States Supreme Court. Happening at The Skirball Cultural Center.
27. Family Flicks Film Series at The Hammer will display Honey I Shrunk The Kids this Sunday. FREE
28. Challenge your self with a 75-minute yoga class whereas having fun with views of the DTLA skyline throughout Flow + Flavor: Rooftop Yoga at Smorgasburg x ROW DTLA.
29. Party With is Los Angeles’ new Instagram-ready expertise situated at Westfield Santa Anita Mall. Folks can anticipate 15 premium photogenic installations like an infinity rainbow and a room full of glowing disco balls. Party With runs via January 27 and is open Thursdays by way of Sundays. Check for discounted tickets earlier than making your buy. DISCOUNTED (by way of Goldstar)
30. Get into the winter spirit when ICE at Santa Monica returns with a eight,000 sq. foot ice skating rink. Running November three, 2018 by way of January 21, 2019.
Food Pick for the Week
This week’s decide by Christina Champlin, Co-Founder of We Like L.A.
dineL.A. Restaurant Week returns for its winter version from January 11-25 for 2 weeks of particular prix-fixe menus from prime eating places throughout Los Angeles. Here’s one other spherical of locations that must be in your guidelines as you eat your method by means of the town:
The Fields (DTLA): The beautiful meals corridor homes a few of LA’s most coveted bites all beneath one roof. El Monte’s Burritos La Palma, Inglewood’s Coni’sSeafood and Tim Hollingsworth of Otium fame CJ Boyd’s Fried Chicken plus others will take part in dineL.A. For lunch, $15 will get you a combo of three to 5 gadgets (relying on the seller) and dinner for $29 will get you a similar however with a draft cocktail or beer. –> More info
APL Restaurant (Hollywood): A five-course dinner from grill grasp and meat connoisseur Adam Perry Lang for a cool $99 is a steal. On the menu, you’ll dine on filet mignon tartare, dry aged ribeye, lemon brown butter branzino and extra. –> More info
Rossoblu (DTLA): Three-course dinner for $49. Highlights from the menu embrace calmly cured beef tenderloin as a primary course, grilled lamb chop and lobster risotto as a primary and a chocolate hazelnut budino for dessert. –> More info
Spago Beverly Hills (Beverly Hills): Wolfgang Pucks signature restaurant gives their signature California tasting menu for $99. Modified for dineL.A. you’ll indulge in their widespread “The Egg” dish, olive oil poached Ora King Salmon and Snake River Farm’s wagyu rib-eye steak, all of which is on the common tasting menu. For this special day, additionally, you will dine on roasted child abalone in parsley-garlic lemon butter, braised veal cheek in a stone pot and extra. –> More info
Tam O’Shanter (Atwater Village): Four-course dinner for $49. Lawry’s prime rib followers take word, Tam O’Shanter is the OG restaurant from the house owners of Lawry’s. You’ll see the roast prime rib of beef on the menu served with mashed potatoes and gravy, Yorkshire pudding, whipped horseradish and creamed spinach. That’s simply the entrée. Remember there are 4 programs to this dinner. Come hungry. –> More info
Providence (Hollywood): A Michelin star restaurant in Los Angeles is uncommon sufficient. A tasting menu for $99 is much more spectacular. Get a high-quality eating expertise in contrast to some other in the town at Michael Cimarusti’s Providence. You’ll dine on sashimi, California rockfish, liberty farms duck, spectacular amuse bouche bites in-between and delightful sweets on the finish. –> More info
Bar Ama (DTLA): Three-course Tex-Mex dinner menu for $39. You’ll be given a selection for every course. I recommend beginning with the queso and chorizo then transfer on to a shredded pork molcajete or a brief rib chalupa and finish with the churro funnel cake. –> More info
Free Play (DTLA): Three-course dinner menu for $29. You’ll have your selection of starters like Frito pie and deviled eggs then an entrée of both harissa hen or braised pork shank. For dessert you possibly can select both birthday cake or an ice cream sundae. Take a break in between meals to benefit from the arcade contained in the restaurant. –> More info
E.P & L.P. (West Hollywood): Brunch, lunch and dinner can be found throughout this occasion. All are strong choices. Brunch/Lunch is a two course event for $20 with a drink included. On the menu you’ll discover hen & Hong Kong type waffles, Indonesian type fried rice and brief rib & eggs. During dinner, $29 will get you three programs that embrace candy & bitter pork ribs, Bangkok crispy hen, inexperienced curry of Hirmasa kingfish and extra. –> More info
Want to see extra We Like L.A. authorised dineL.A. picks? Check out our submit The 17 Top dineL.A. Menus for January 2019.
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox each week? Sign up for our e mail program.
Have an upcoming occasion you’d like recommend for itemizing? Drop us a line at email@example.com
s.dad or mumNode.insertBefore(t,s)(window,doc,’script’,